Thursday, May 10, 2007

Public Display Of Too Much Affection....So Disgusting!

Okay, as a Filipina and an Asian, I lean towards a more conservative outlook when it comes to sexual morality. Of course, as an old foggy, I know that the younger generation sees me as a prude. Hey, I may be conservative and old-fashioned, but I am not naive. I have two brothers, several uncles, male cousins and a father and I know how men are when it comes to sexual behavior. However, this exposure to the male species does not make me feel comfortable when I see public displays of affection.
Yes, I've seen foreign films where even high school kids go necking in hallways, inside their cars, on the pavement, and almost everywhere. These films should have made me immune to foreplay, but I guess seeing it done in real life is another thing, whether I see it here or abroad. Of course, I am more tolerant of seeing caucasians go at it, but I will never get over witnessing blatant acts of passion so wildly displayed in public by Filipinos and other Asians.
So far, here in the Philippines, I have witnessed milder versions of PDA's. Thank God for that! Holding hands, I have no problems with. Even a boy's arm around his girl's shoulders is still tolerable. But too much of octopus hands and lots of hand movements on torsos or below the belt areas are way too creepy. I also feel so uncomfortable when I see sweethearts guzzling necks in public and rubbing their torsos against each other like cats. One time, I saw a couple eating each other's face in a close embrace. Granted, they were inside their garden but anyone walking the street could see what was happening. YUCK! Get a room, please!
I just feel that sometimes these exhibitionists do such acts to make a spectacle of themselves. It is as if they are saying, "Look, I have a sweetheart and see how in love we are. Aren't you envious of our passion?" Okay, okay, so you are so in love and would like the world to witness your passion, but please, spare my eyes such dastardly deeds. I am not interested in your sex life. No need to flaunt that you are very physical with your sweetheart.
When will some people see that necking and petting need to be done in private? Why is there such a need to display their sexuality in front of everyone who are within view? What are they trying to prove--that they are modern and liberal and free to do what they like? I just don't get it. I know that those people who practice more restraint in public can be very sensual and sexual in private.
What can I say? Be affectionate in public, but do so with propriety and respect for the sensibilities of other people. If you cannot do that, please find a room and lock yourselves in. It can be any room. Heck, it can be inside a public toilet or a dressing room. Just make sure no one has to witness what you are doing short of undressing and actual penetration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just seen this and it is a very interesting opinion coming from a person who claims to be conservative but not naive.In this modern world, most people do not have enough time to notice these sexual acts by others which happens in public and the individuals are more of "get on with my work" attitude. In that context, your opinions are very valid and interesting which a common people just notice and ignore.
Anyway, coming to the intersting points, yes these are acts which others are not intersted in - just like you , you are not interested in other making love - how they do it - except that teenage boys/girls who never experienced have a tendency to watch this from far!.
So what make them doing this in public? I think puclic is a too strong word as most people try to do under a shelter or with some kind of partly covered area.At the same time I have not experienced at the extent of goign to a apentration in such a public place as it needs certain element of privacy which they do not get in these areas.
Are they really trying to prove anything? I do not believe so.So it might be interesting to see why they do this in public? Why men and women normally happen to do this at places which are not their homes? Aaw, you suggested public toilets, isn't not dangerous to use such places where toilets are celarly marked for men and women? (this is by law).

Who decides these are wrong or right?Why dont we have a sign saying no sexual acts allowed here but we have signs saying toilet for women or men separately. I am just throwing questions here which I dont have answers.
Most of these acts are as a result of emotional chnages happening within the person and I guess most people go through that but all tend to go in their own way to deal with the situation which some times are noticed by others but other times not.

Opinionated Pinay said...

Hmm, I wonder if you consider the airport, the train, the beach, the hallways, the restaurant as non-public places. These were the places where I and my siblings had seen such blatant display of PDA. I think they are very PUBLIC places and not secluded areas or partially hidden. As for the sign NO SEXUAL ACTS, I believe we don't have that around because it is assumed that a private matter should be done in private even though we do have the freedom to express our passion even in public (though we should know what is appropriate and responsible behavior). I wonder if couples in Muslim countries can easily display their passion in public despite the lack of signages. I may be wrong, of course. Toilets are well known for conducting sexual acts, from foreplay to actual penetration(high school and college students have been caught doing so many times over here). If PDA does not bother you, fine. It bothers a lot of Filipinos here in the Philippines. Thanks for your comment, anyway. I was surprised to get a comment here since I have not updated my blogs due to busyness and other concerns.

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Sincerely yours
Steave Markson

opinionated pinay said...

Thanks, Steave. I cannot blog now because my fingers are preoccupied with other projects and though I am very opinionated and have a lot of topics to write about, I am getting on with age and need to rest when I go back home hehehe.....I can't even remember my username and password. Oh well, such is life!